Reports to: Lead Official Veterinarians
Overall Purpose: To assist the OV in the post mortem inspection and verification of the Food Business Operator’s (FBO) compliance with all relevant legislation as stated in the FSA Manual for Official Controls.
- Company car
- Company phone
- Inspection Equipment
- Accommodation & Subsistence Allowance
Main duties and responsibilities
- Any other duties as requested by line management.
- To undertake on-farm TB testing of cattle and submission of the associated test results (following appropriate training and authorisation by APHA) as and when instructed by the AVM.
- Meet all standards laid down in the Customer Service Statement.
- Maintain confidentiality of internal E& J & FSA communications and commercially sensitive information and practices.
- Assist in the supervision and instruction of TMHIs and others, as appropriate.
- Maintain high standards of professional integrity and personal motivation, and work closely with others team members.
- Identify personal training needs, and undertake opportunities made available by E&J and the FSA.
- Demonstrate commitment to FSA Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
- Accurately input data and information into appropriate IT systems.
- In the absence of the OV, ensure the set procedures are followed and standards maintained.